Friday, April 18, 2008

shut up!

Shutters on houses crack me up. I think my knowledge of building materials and construction gives me an uber elitist sense of humor about these things, and no one else really cares, which is probably the healthier attitude. Like that snobby artist guy who's friends with Maude in The Big Lebowski.
But for real, shutters are supposed to be closed to shed rain from windows. So to work properly, they should be half the size of the window (so they cover it when its closed) and the slats should be sloped away from the window when closed, and therefore towards the window when opened. The shutters in the photo are installed upside down! And I cut off the pic, but these shutters are about a quarter of the size of the window. Not that it matters, becuase they're not functional anyway. And what's with the horse and carriage accent??

climate: sunny, low 50's
shoes: silver flats
ipod: Rick Astley (in my head)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

knox harrington, the video artist is his name