Monday, April 7, 2008

hey toto, I don't think we're in cambridge anymore!

I know I'm doing exactly what the ad company wants and thinking way more about this than I should but... this is such bad ad placement! They obviously don't know that here in the greater Boston area we're basking in the blue laws still, and we're actually not allowed to have a happy hour! That's right- no drink specials allowed in Cambridge. Why? Because that would encourage tyrannic acts that risk our high moral compass. Acts like having fun, enjoying a drink, and worst of all: saving a little money. We just can't have that kind of tomfoolery here, thank you very much.

climate: deceivingly sunny, mid 40's
shoes: burgundy sneaks
ipod: tom petty

4 comments:

Ashley said...

I really your blog idea. Well, I mean, and the blog itself too. But field report is a neat idea because Cambridge is wacky. I walk to work too, but Charlestown must be a lot more conservative-looking because I never really see anything worthy of a photo-op (and i have 5 more min. on you!). Very cool!

Anonymous said...

I think they are trying to fight your no-happy-hour-allowed BS. But on a side note - i HATE these ads. ick! [me]

Anonymous said...

It looks like they've run out of ideas, so they're going back to the 80's, with the Sorayama (sp?) style ads. Like the can company did with their advertising. *LOL* "Food packed in cans"...and sexy female robots..."can survive a five year trip to Mars."
:)

Anonymous said...

There is another version of this advert at the bus stop in H2 across from Charlie's Kitchen, 'cept you get the rear end view of the robotte who is looking at you over her shoulder. Yeah, she's got booty, too. Totally weird.

Like your blog, especially as I live in your 'hood and can see/avoid these things. So thanks!