Tuesday, March 18, 2008

have cart, will travel

One of the local homeless people left this cart parked here while scouting around the 'hood for something. I just finished reading The Road by Cormac McCarthy- the story revolves around a father and son that have lost their home and are heading south with all their possessions in a shopping cart. It got me thinking what a useful thing shopping carts are.
On a different note, a pedestrian in Central Square was hit and killed by a tractor-trailer yesterday morning. Its a sobering story by any account and because I go through Central at least once a day, it really got to me. I don't know the details, who's at fault, how it happened, etc. But to all my fellow walkers, please, you're never too old to look both ways before you cross the street.

climate: sunny, low 30's
shoes: brown flats
ipod: random shuffle mix

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OOO be careful dear!! and on a side note - everyone i know is reading that book - i gotta jump on that bandwagon... or shopping cart, as it were.
[me]