Thursday, October 30, 2008

the countdown: 5























I love love love this print by Shepard Fairey. And guess what?!
He was in town this week! So if you're bumming around town this weekend, keep your eye out for his work.

climate: sunny, low 40's
shoes: burgundy sneaks
ipod: I just remembered to plug it in before I left this morning.
vote Obama and not the GOP because: its time to move on. You might think that I hate McCain, but I actually don't. His tax policy is not going to help the few of us out there that make less than $500,000, and his health care plan is going to make prescriptions cost even more, and health care hard to get for anyone that has something worse than the sniffles, but I don't hate the guy. Its hard not to feel a tug at the heartstrings when he talks about being a POW. He's the underdog, and he really is trying hard to separate himself from the current disastrous republican regime. After losing to Bush for the nomination in the last elections he even came this close to switching parties! But its time to move on. Its time to put the Vietnam War behind us. Important things happened in our country then, I know. Civil rights happened. Legendary protests happened. Hippies happened! But that was my parent's fight, not my fight. And while I have respect for that fight, its time for our country to look to the future, not dwell in the past. John McCain has experience, and I'm not denying that. I mean, how can he not, he's old! But Obama has more relevant experience. Obama has experience with inner city Chicago, Iraq, Wall Street, our mortgage crisis, lack of health care, lack of jobs, rising energy costs, our failing environment, our failing economy. He understands the problems our country is facing right now. And not because he's seen them before, or because he's watching them happen. Its because he's young. He's going through them with us. He's experiencing them right now, too. And I just don't think John McCain is. McCain is not trying to raise a family in this mess. McCain is not concerned about his retirement, he's already retired! And McCain is not worried about how his investments will do in 20 years. Because in 20 years McCain will be 91. But Obama will only be 66. So vote for Obama because he is not just fighting for my 25-55 check box, he's also fighting for himself- and I think that will make him fight harder.

No comments: