Wednesday, February 27, 2008

car fire

I spent the past few days in Houston, Texas, so I haven't been walking to work. Besides, no one walks anywhere in Houston. The hotel offered to call me a cab to go to the CVS a block away! But on my cab ride from the airport to the hotel, I did see this very exciting car fire. It started as a small puff of smoke and I watched as the thing was totally engulfed with flames in seconds. A local told me that car fires happen all the time there, and they call them carbeques. That's Texas for you, I guess! I'm glad to be back in the east coast, where the coffee is strong and no one calls me ma'am.

climate: overcast, mid 30's
shoes: brown flats
ipod: i had headphones on for pretty much 5 hours straight on the plane yesterday, so I decided to give it a rest

No comments: