Tuesday, November 4, 2008

fruit roll up























The mailboxes on this house have tiny pineapples on them. Who was making mailboxes and thought "Hmmm, now what should I embellish these with? Mini ferns? No... tiny apples? No, but I like the fruit idea... I know! Pineapples!!"

Whoever it was: good thinking. Way better than ferns.

climate: sunny, mid 60's
shoes: work boots
ipod: bah. at least my mail order hardware came today.
vote Obama and not the GOP because: just go back and re-read all my posts. I think if you read them one after the other they'll have a much more powerful effect. Maybe they'll even make you cry!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Some geek knowledge here: Pineapples are a traditional symbol of welcome and hospitality. So it's not far-fetched to have pineapples out on the doorstep to welcome people, or at least the mail carrier.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pineapple#Usage_in_culture

Maggie said...

I remember our old mailbox had a pineapple on it.